Thursday, September 9, 2010

* For One More Day - Mitch Albom

I wasn't able to read book for several years now, last time I finished reading a book I guess was way back 2007. I told myself that I needed to read books again and have some break from sitting in front of my computer surfing the net. May this year I bought two books from Powerbooks MOA which is The Last Song of Nicholas Sparks and For One More Day by Mitch Albom. I can say I'm a fan of Mitch Albom's book from Tuesday with Morrie to The Five People You Meet in Heaven and now here's For One More Day.

Finished the book in 2 days (maybe slow for others but the fastest so far for me) Like the author's previous novels, this book is very heartwarming and it's about our Mother.

The books tells a story about a troubled man named Chick Benetto who is a former baseball player and his life from his childhood to his life as an adult. It tells his ups and downs from his career, with his family and his parents. A very inspirational book and after reading the book I can say that I gave more importance to my parents, specially my Mom.

Heard that there is a movie version of the book but I haven't watched it yet.

No comments: