Sunday, March 8, 2009

* Dekada - Moonstar88 10th Anniversary

They started 1999 and until now peeps (including me) still loves and listens to their hits like Torete, Sulat, Bata, Sa Langit and more. I'm referring to Moonstar88.

I can say after hearing their songs way back then (high school I think) I suddenly became a fan of Acel, Popo, Bhert and Pao with their Popcorn album then followed by another good album Press to Play where I joined the band's mailing list, started to attend their gigs and meeting new friends (Moonstareros). A lot of things happened and changed, including the change with the drummer from Popo to Bon and change of vocals from Acel to Maysh. Then the 3rd album came "Todo Combo" which is also a hit with the songs Can't Stop, Panalanging, Tadhana and the band's favorite song and so am I "Migraine". Bhert (guitars) already mentioned to me around November that they are planning for an anniversary gig and it was held at 70's Bistro last February 23, 2009. The gig was called Dekada, the previous members are their Acel, Popo and Ten and they performed the hits and favorites (Torete, Bata, Fall on me and more). Gish performed (popo's band) and Acel's band. Moonstarero's old and new one's are present and some personalities like Jay of Kamikazee, Buhawi of PNE and more.






For photos: http://reachard.multiply.com/photos/album/187/_Dekada_Moonstar88_10th_Anniversary_at_70s_Bistro

No comments: